- Shipping & Delivery
GENERAL SHIPPING INFORMATIONNOTE: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Please be aware that the shipping companies are very busy during the holiday season. We highly recommend receiving your order as early as possible. The product will arrive at your door in perfect shape to return to the freezer. This way you have the peace of mind of knowing that your Holiday dinner is safe and sound in your freezer instead of on a delivery truck! If you are sending our products as gifts, please check with the recipient to ensure someone will be home to accept the delivery. Cajun Specialty Meats is not responsible or liable for deliveries where the recipient is not available to receive the order. We instruct the carriers to leave the package at the door if no one is home, but it is at the driver’s discretion whether or not to leave the package. If shipping to a residential address, please inform the recipient they are receiving a package and have them leave a note for the driver instructing the driver to leave the package. Please be aware that home delivery may be as late as 8:00 PM. As always, thank you for being a customer of CSM. We truly appreciate your business!DELIVERY SCHEDULE:
Day Order Placed
Fri., Sat., Sun.
Mon. – Thurs. (Before 12:00 PM CST)
Day Of Order
Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun.
Mon. – Wed. (Before 12:00 PM CST)
Day Of Order
Wed. – Fri.
We will make every effort to adhere to the schedule above, but sometimes due to extenuating circumstances we may have to delay your shipment.
- No shipments can be shipped to arrive on Sunday or Monday
- To receive an order on a Tuesday, you must select Next Day Air as the package must be shipped on the preceding Monday.
- If your order is placed after 12:00 PM CST on Thursday and you selected Second Day as your delivery method, your order will not be shipped until Monday for Wednesday delivery.
- We cannot ship on Friday for delivery on Monday.
- Please note that neither the shipping company nor Cajun Specialty Meats can accept responsibility for delays due to weather.
- To receive an order on a Saturday, (not available to all delivery areas) you must select Next Day as your delivery method and make a notation in the order notes box during the check-out process. A $15.00 charge will be added upon processing your order.
· Ship to a business address when possible.
· If shipping to a residential address, leave a note for the carrier. Cajun Specialty Meats is not responsible or liable for deliveries where the recipient is not available to receive the order. We instruct the carriers to leave the package at the door if no one is home, but it is at the driver’s discretion whether or not to leave the package. If shipping to a residential address, please inform the recipient they are receiving a package and have them leave a note for the driver instructing the driver to leave the package. Please be aware that home delivery may be as late as 8:00 PM.
· Double-check the ship to address for errors. The carrier charges a $10 error correction fee which we must pass on. Also an incorrect address could delay delivery of the package by several days.
SHIPPING SCHEDULE & ARRIVAL TIMES
While we will make every effort to get your packages to you by your desired date, we cannot guarantee the timely arrival of your package. To reduce the possibility of the late arrival of your order, especially during the busy holiday shipping season, place your order early. Please note neither the shipping company nor Cajun Specialty Meats can accept responsibility for delays due to weather.
As this is a perishable product, we offer Next Day or Second Day Delivery options only. Please be aware that the carriers do not pickup or deliver on weekends. Also, when you select Second Day Delivery, we may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get your items to you within the promised time frame.
Saturday Delivery is available to some areas of the country. In order to receive Saturday delivery you must select Next Day Delivery as your shipping method and please indicate you need Saturday Delivery in the order notes box on the order summary section when checking out. A $15.00 fee will be charged upon processing your order if Saturday Delivery is available for your destination. If Saturday Delivery is not an option for your area we will notify you via a phone call or email.
Please note that a shipping container charge of $8.00 is automatically added to all orders. The container is a sturdy reusable styrofoam cooler packed with gel ice. In the event that multiple containers are needed to ship your order, the charges will be adjusted accordingly. Shipping rates are determined by the total weight of the package and the zip code of the location to which the package is being shipped. We use current UPS and FedEx shipping tables to determine the cost of shipping your order. The quote in the shopping cart is an estimate and is valid for most orders. However, occasionally there may be other fees involved. We will notify you of any changes to your bill prior to shipping.
ORDER CONFIRMATION & TRACKING
Within a few minutes of ordering you will receive an email confirmation from us. Your credit card will be processed at this time. Please check the confirmation carefully for errors. Email us if you do not receive your confirmation within an hour. You will receive another email directly from the carrier when your order ships with the tracking number.
ADDRESS ERROR FEES
Please make sure to check your order carefully for addressing errors. If you are shipping to a business make sure to include suite and/or floor number. Make sure your address number, Apartment number or unit number and zip code are all correct. The carriers charge a correction fee of $10.00 and it is necessary for us to pass those fees on to the customer. The fees are also charged if you decide to divert the shipment to another address after the order has been shipped. Please email us immediately at email@example.com to make any corrections.
We will be happy to enclose a message for your recipient. Simply put the message in the order notes box during the check-out process.
SPECIFY FUTURE SHIP DATE
If you would like to specify a future shipping date, please indicate the date you would like to receive the package in the order notes box during the check-out process. Please refer to the shipping schedule section above when determining the date you would like to receive the order.
As these are perishable items, their condition upon arrival is of the utmost importance. Our products are individually vacuum sealed and quick-frozen. They are shipped in a reusable insulated cooler packed with gel ice. The insulated cooler is then put into a corrugated box for further insulation and protection. Some thawing during shipping is normal and should be expected. As long as the product is below 41 F, it is safe to refreeze.
All perishable food orders are final. As this is a perishable product, there are no product or money back guarantees, and we cannot accept returns. If a shipping delay caused by the carrier or Cajun Specialty Meats (excluding weather delays) causes the product to spoil, you will receive a replacement or refund including all shipping charges incurred.
If you have any further questions regarding our shipping policies, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 866-422-2586.
- Privacy & Security
- When you place an order with us, we request your name, billing address, shipping address, credit card number and expiration date, and email address. We consider this information to be private, and we keep this information on a secure server to protect it from outside parties. We use the information only for the limited purposes of processing your orders, administering our site, and for periodically notifying you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We do not share your private information with other parties.
Returns & Replacements
- Due to the fact that we are a USDA federally inspected facility, we are unable to accept returns. Please do not return product unless we specifically request that you do so. Please call us in a timely manner at 1-866-4A-CAJUN (866-422-2586 with any questions or comments regarding your order